1 worthy of or requiring responsibility or trust; or held accountable; "a responsible adult"; "responsible journalism"; "a responsible position"; "the captain is responsible for the ship's safety"; "the cabinet is responsible to the parliament" [ant: irresponsible]
2 being the agent or cause; "determined who was the responsible party"; "termites were responsible for the damage" [syn: responsible for(p)]
3 having an acceptable credit rating; "a responsible borrower" [syn: creditworthy]
- Answerable for an
act performed or for its
legally or politically.
- Parents are responsible for their child's behaviour.
- Capable of responding to any reasonable claim; able to answer reasonably for one's conduct and obligations; capable of rational conduct.
- Involving responsibility; involving
a degree of personal
the part of the person concerned.
- She has a responsible position in the firm.
- Being a primary
cause or agent of some event or action;
capable of being credited
for something, or of being held liable for something.
- Who is responsible for this mess?
- Able to be trusted;
- He looks like a responsible guide.
answerable for an act performed or for its consequences
able to answer reasonably for one's conduct
involving a degree of personal accountability
being a primary cause or agent of some event or action
able to be trusted
Responsibility may refer to:
- Responsibility assumption, in spirituality and personal growth
- Cabinet collective responsibility, a constitutional convention in governments using the Westminster System
- Collective responsibility (doctrine), a doctrine that individuals in society are/can be held responsible for the actions of the society as a whole
- Corporate social responsibility
- Corporate responsibility
- Diffusion of responsibility
- Media responsibility
- Ministerial responsibility
- Moral responsibility
- Professional responsibility
- Responsibility (Unification Church theology)
- Single responsibility principle
- Social responsibility
- Statue of Responsibility
- Responsibility (song), a song by Christian punk band MxPx
responsible in German: Verantwortung
responsible in Spanish: Responsabilidad
responsible in French: Responsabilité
responsible in Ido: Responsiveso
responsible in Italian: Responsabilità
responsible in Portuguese: Responsabilidade
responsible in Swedish: Ansvar
responsible in Turkish: Sorumluluk
accountable, administrative, amenable, answerable, answerable for, apt to, at fault, authoritative, capable of, chargeable, chief, creditable, culpable, decision-making, dependable, dependent on, directorial, ethical, executive, exposed, exposed to, faithworthy, guilty, honest, important, in danger of, incident to, incorruptible, inviolable, leading, liable, liable to, likely to, managerial, naked to, obligated, obliged to, open, open to, pledged, principal, prone to, proven, ready for, reliable, responsible for, stable, standing to, straight, subject, subject to, sure, susceptive to, tested, to be trusted, to blame, top, tried, tried and true, true, trustable, trustworthy, trusty, unfalse, unperfidious, untreacherous, within range of